Bed and Breakfast Gli olivi

la migliore risposta per trascorrere una vacanza in Toscana

  • default style
  • blue style
  • green style
  • red style
  • orange style
Saturday 15 Jun 2019

We have 93 guests and no members online

Print

Pisa EN

Written by Enrico Lanfossi. TPL_WARP_POSTED_IN Bed and Breakfast Gli Olivi

Piazza del Duomo
 

  •     The Piazza del Duomo , also known by the poetic expression of the square of miracles, is the most important artistic and tourist center of Pisa. Ranked among the World Heritage Site by UNESCO since 1987, you can admire some masterpieces of European Romanesque architecture , ie the monuments that form the center of religious life : the cathedral, the baptistery, the cemetery , and the bell tower.
  •     The Duomo , the heart of the complex is the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, the medieval cathedral. It is a Primate , the Archbishop of Pisa being a Primate . It is a church with five naves with a transept with three naves. The building , like the bell tower , collapsed perceptibly in the soil , and some instability in the building are visible, such as the differences in level between the nave and the extension of Buscheto by Rainald of ( the spans to the west and the facade) . The Pisan Romanesque style was created precisely from this church and then exported to the rest of Tuscany, but also in Corsica and Sardinia , formerly under the control of the Republic of Pisa.

 


All other religious buildings of the square revolve around the Primate , according to a theological journey : birth - Baptistery ; life - Cathedral ; death - Cemetery.
 

  • The bell tower of Santa Maria : Known as " The Leaning Tower " or " Tower of Pisa", and simply Pisa "The Tower " by definition , is , in fact , the bell tower of the Cathedral. Below it the land has yielded slightly , making it tilt a few degrees . The inclination has lasted for many years , coming to a halt after the restoration work ended in the early twenty-first century. Because of the difficulties of construction, and not only that, its construction lasted over two centuries (in three different stages of work ) from the end of the twelfth century.
  • The Baptistery, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, stands opposite the west front of the Cathedral. The building was started in the middle of the twelfth century , the interior , surprisingly simple and devoid of decoration , also an exceptional acoustics. It is the largest baptistery in Italy : its circumference measures 107.25 m.
  • The Campo Santo: the Monumental Cemetery is located at the northern edge of the square. It is structured in the form of a cemetery cloister , with earthy graves . The land inside the courtyard is actually a relic , since the earth from Mount Golgotha ​​in the Holy Land , delivered with several ships from the Pisani after the Fourth Crusade from which its name "field" ( plot-wise) "holy" . Since 1945 are still ongoing restoration work, which among other things led to the recovery of precious sinopie .


Piazza dei Cavalieri
 

  •   Knight's Square where stands the Palace of the Caravan designed by Giorgio Vasari , including the complex decoration of the facade. It currently houses the Scuola Normale Superiore .
  •   On the same square stands the church of Santo Stefano dei Cavalieri , also by Vasari. We originally had a nave , and the second was added in the seventeenth century. Inside are paintings by Giorgio Vasari , Jacopo Ligozzi , Agnolo Bronzino , Alessandro Fei , and Jacopo Chimenti Empoli said .
  •         Statue of Cosimo I
  •         Clock Palace
  •         Church of San Rocco
  •         Palazzo del Collegio Puteano
  •         Palace of the Council of the Twelve
  •         rectory
  •         Tower of Muda


The Lungarno

They are the real city center, meeting place of the Pisan and university students . Every night the historic stretch of the Arno river is colored with a thousand lights café or pub facing it . During the summer they are closed to vehicular traffic , except for vehicles that residents and attracts thousands of people every night , often sit on the ' shoulders ' , the banks of the Arno, to test new ice cream flavors of ice cream more and more present drink or drinks of any kind or color. During the day represent the main crossing point both pedestrian and vehicular . The Lungarno Pisa are historically four divided by the river and the Ponte di Mezzo and are divided into Lungarno Gambacorti Galilai and south , and the Medici Lungarno Pacinotti north . The decks of the Fortress and Citadel are the eastern and western boundary of the walled city . Inside , however, there are two other Arno river , Simonelli Sonnino to the north and south . Beyond the walls Lungarno Cosimo I northwest , and southwest by the Ways and Marsh St. John Gatano to begin the long Viale D' Annunzio , which connects the city to the seaside village of Marina di Pisa northeast take the Arno river the name of Buozzi , which follows in the avenue of Piagge, large urban park and north west Lungarno Fibonacci , which runs along the New Fortress and Lungarno Guadalongo . The riversides are also home to the museum circuit ' The Museums of Lungarno ' which counts 6 museums of national interest.

  • Lungarno Medici . There is the Palazzo Medici and the Romanesque church of St. Matthew , in which former monastery houses the National Museum of San Matteo . Among the important works are a group of paintings from the twelfth to the eighteenth century and a rich collection of sculptures from the Pisano School .
  • Gambacorti embankment . Seat of the Municipality of Pisa, in the historic Palazzo Gambacorti , offers elegant Renaissance palaces and Romanesque gems , like the Church of Santa Cristina , the church of Santa Maria della Spina and Renaissance palace , like the Blue Palace , a renowned international museum and exhibition center .
  • Lungarno Pacinotti . Dominated by the imposing Renaissance palaces, this Lungarno born on the ruins of the ancient city walls Middle Ages. Near the Church of Santa Maria dei Galletti stood the Golden Gate, crossed by the bravest leaders Pisa. The Palace of the Day , seat of the Rector , the Palazzo Agostini Fantini Venerosi the Silk Road, or Red Palace , home to the Coffee dell'Ussero and the luxurious Royal Victoria Hotel , according to some the oldest hotel in Italy, are an example of elegance the city developed over centuries . At the center of Lungarno the Royal Palace, seat of the National Museum , which houses paintings by Raphael, Rosso Fiorentino and Guido Reni.
  • Lungarno Galilei. And ' the broader and is home to the Museum of Graphic Art , in the historic Palazzo Lanfranchi , which contains works of great value , from Renoir to Viviani , from Factors to Picasso. At the center of Lungarno the Church of the Holy Sepulchre , the octagonal shape and the Palace of the Knights of Malta. The airport of Renaioli is home to the city's events , above all during the summer .
  • Lungarno Sonnino. Dominated by the neo-Gothic building of the former Benedictine Monastery , ends with one of the most important churches of Pisa, the church of San Paolo a Ripa d'Arno , Pisa as known by the Old Cathedral .
  • Lungarno Simonelli . The tower of the Citadel is perhaps the symbol of this Lungarno , onto which the Church of San Vito Ranieri , the patron saint of Pisa, and the Arsenals Medici , future home of the Museum of Navigation, still under construction , which will house the finds found during excavations in 1998 at the Station St. Flushing , the so-called Ancient Ships of Pisa.


The medieval town

The maritime past of the city is reflected in its narrow streets and narrow that characterize mainly the outline of the river. Tramontana , the agglomeration of the districts north of the river , is characterized by a dense network of narrow woven together . A special feature of all the seaside town that used its urban structure as a defense . The narrow alley allowed greater control , especially from the top of casetorri , while the alleys and covered hubs facilitated the disorientation of the invaders. In the South , the southern part of the river, the streets are narrow and parallel to one another , to enable the rapid escape from the river to the inner squares , this due to the commercial purpose of the settlement.

 

  • The Borgo Stretto is an area where you can walk to the covered medieval arcades . Along the way, who along with Italian Corso is the "living room " of the city , stands the Romanesque-Gothic church of San Michele in Borgo , built from a core attested as early as 990.


The Walls

 
The Walls : the city is still surrounded by the old city walls, still intact except for some stretches to the south and west. Of particular interest along the way , which is proposed to fit in green , are the numerous doors , the square of the Gondolas (end point of the Medici aqueduct and the Fosso del Mulino, coming respectively from Asciano and Ripafratta ) , and so-called " Nero's baths " , to which afferiva once the ancient Roman aqueduct of Caldaccoli from San Giuliano Terme , known in antiquity as Aquae Pisanae and then as Bagni di Pisa. An inscription found on a fistula in the village of Corliano (CIL XI 1433 ) [12] points out that the aqueduct was built in 92 AD by L.Venuleius Montanus [13] , the patron saint of Pisa and Cologne console Attidium ( Roman city near Fabriano ) .

Natural Areas

 

  •     Garden Scotto
  •     Botanical Garden
  •     St. Flushing
  •     park Galilean
  •     Avenue of Piagge


Bridges

 

  •     Ponte di Mezzo : The Bridge , ideally located in the center of the city, connects Piazza Garibaldi , in the Tramontana , Piazza XX Settembre , in the South, where the City Hall and the Lodges of benches .
  •     Ponte della Vittoria : built three times, the last in the postwar period , connects Piazza Guerrazzi in the South, with the entrance to the Avenue of Piagge to Tramontana .
  •     Ponte Solferino : rebuilt after the war much more spartan , joins via Crispi , in the South, to the point where , at Tramontana , meet the riversides Pacinotti and Simonelli .
  •     Ponte della Fortezza initially called Spina, joins the meeting between the Lungarno Medici and Buozzi Tramontana to the input of the Giardino Scotto (or Sangallo Bastion ) to the South.
  •     Ponte della Cittadella : one of the last bridges , moving towards the mouth of the Arno : it combines the Citadel north of Piazza San Paolo a Ripa d'Arno in the South


Other urban bridges :
 

  •     Bridge of the jets : the latest and greatest , the first bridge citizen coming from the east.
  •     Railway Bridge : The bridge of the Genoa-Rome line is located just outside the city walls .
  •     Deck of the Empire : it is that by which the Via Aurelia cross the river .
  •     Bridge of CEP is the last urban bridge going towards the sea and named dall'attiguo neighborhood.
  •     A12 motorway bridge : is the bridge by which the A12 crosses the Arno river near the mouth .


Bridges disappeared :
 

  • The first bridge , wood , was located to the west of Ponte di Mezzo and represented the southern access to the city for those who came from the Via Æmilia Scauri then Via Julia Augusta streets of Roman origin , along the route of the present Via Pietro Toselli and Curtatone and Monanara .
  • Another bridge , called the New Bridge for Old Bridge which was opposed to the existing bridge Ponte di Mezzo , connected via Santa Maria in Via Sant'Antonio . Its reconstruction is a pedestrian-only projects in the municipal administration.
  • Another bridge , immediately upstream of the Bridge of the Citadel , the Citadel connected ( to the north) with the Porta a Mare ( to the south) . Even today, the existing ruins bear any traces of the arches of access to the bridge itself , in the planning instruments of the Municipality of Pisa is specifically mentioned the possibility of a reconstruction .


Religious Architecture
 

  • The church of St. Francis , designed by Giovanni di Simone , built after 1276. In 1343 new chapels were added and the church was elevated . It is a single nave and of considerable interest are the bell tower and the cloister . It houses works by Jacopo da Empoli , Taddeo Gaddi and Santi di Tito . In the Chapel of Gherardesca were buried Ugolino della Gherardesca and his children.
  • The church of San Frediano, first mentioned in 1061 , is a basilica with three naves and houses a crucifix of the twelfth century. The frescoes are for the most part restored in the sixteenth century , with works by Domenico Passignano , Aurelio Lomi and Rutilio Manetti . It performs the function of the university church today .
  • The church of St. Nicholas , whose existence can be traced as early as 1097, was enlarged between 1297 and 1313 by the Augustinian friars ( who received the church in 1297 ), perhaps designed by Giovanni Pisano. The octagonal bell tower dates from the second half of the thirteenth century. Noteworthy are the wood sculptures by Giovanni and Nino Pisano , and the Annunciation by Francesco di Valdambrino .
  • The small church of Santa Maria della Spina , (1230) , attributed in current form Lupo di Francesco ( 1325 ) , is unanimously considered one of the masterpieces of Italian Gothic . Rich and precious like a jewel , it is located along the river , a short walk from the south end of the Ponte Solferino . Because of its proximity to the river in the nineteenth century it underwent a singular intervention of disassembly : the stones were numbered and the church was reassembled at a higher level in order to save it from floods .
  • The church of San Paolo a Ripa d'Arno , built around 952, is located in a leafy square located on the river bank to the south- west of the city . It was enlarged in the mid- twelfth century in the style adopted by the Cathedral, the Romanesque architecture . The facade was completed in the fourteenth century by Giovanni Pisano. The interior has been decorated by Buonamico Buffalmacco and Turino Vanni. He annexed the Romanesque Chapel of St. Agatha , an octagonal brick building of the twelfth century that has an unusual pyramidal roof .


    Synagogue of Pisa
    
Jewish Cemetery
    
Church of San Giovanni de ' Fieri , Adventist Church
    
War memorial chapel of Kindu
    
Cemetery of San Michele to Scalzi
    
Cemetery of San Piero a Grado
    
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints , the Mormon Church
    
Waldensian Evangelical Church
    
Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses
    
Islamic Cultural Center
    
Tibetan Buddhist monastery , Lama Tsong Khapa Institute , Pomaia .