Bed and Breakfast Gli olivi

la migliore risposta per trascorrere una vacanza in Toscana

  • default style
  • blue style
  • green style
  • red style
  • orange style
Tuesday 23 Oct 2018

We have 4 guests and no members online

Print

Certosa di Pisa EN

Written by Enrico Lanfossi. TPL_WARP_POSTED_IN Bed and Breakfast Gli Olivi

Bed and Breakfast Gli Olivi - Certosa di Pisa

Autore: Bed and Breakfast Gli Olivi - Toscana - Pisa - Calci 

 

The Certosa di Pisa or , more properly , the Certosa di Calci, is in the province of Pisa, in the municipality of Calci, in a flat area on the slopes of the Pisan mountains called Val Pretty . Former Carthusian monastery , now houses a museum of the University of Pisa.

The Charterhouse is about 10 km from the city of Pisa and once known as common in the city. The present appearance has Baroque style and consists of a large courtyard just after the entrance , dedicated to the life and the common point of contact with the outside world, while over the buildings surrounding the courtyard are arranged cells , orchards and environments most reserved and quiet , suitable for the rule of the Carthusian life .
history

It was for the decision of the Archbishop of Pisa Francesco Moricotti that 30 May 1366 was founded the Certosa, in the Val di Calci Pretty .

The convent took later also political importance , especially after the annexation of the former Benedictine monastery on the island of Gorgona , which took place in 1425 . In the second half of the fifteenth century Florentine artists settled in Pisa to perform work in the Opera del Duomo. But it is mainly between the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries that are made ​​of the most important works.

Structure

Facade of the Church of the Certosa

You enter the complex through a vestibule century , crowned by the statue of St. Bruno , the founder of the Carthusian Order , to the right is the Chapel of Sebastian, originally reserved for women, and left the guesthouse of women, current ticket .

The extensive court of honor longitudinal introduces the sanctuary. Opposite the entrance is the prospect of Baroque church , set on a podium with double staircase , designed by the architect Nicholas Stassi : note , at the top , the statue of the Virgin in glory.

The interior, dating from the seventeenth century, consists of a nave along the walls of which are set against the wooden stalls for the monks , a wall inlaid polychrome marble separates the space intended for converts. Towards the end of the seventeenth century wall paintings begins with the stories of the Old Testament , the people of Bologna Antonio and Giuseppe Rolli , the frescoes of the dome are of Lucca Stephen Cassiani , who also paints the sides, behind the altar , and between the windows.

The high altar was built and designed by Giovan Francesco Bergamini and finished in 1686 by his son Alexander , and there is a painting by Baldassare Franceschini said Volterra , San Bruno with offering the Certosa di Pisa to the Madonna of 1681.

From the church leads to the sacristy surrounded by large closets, the Chapel of the Relics and the various chapels , where each monaco celebrating private Mass daily , in the chapel of Saint Ranieri is preserved eighteenth-century painting of the Pisan Giovan Battista Tempesti , with San Ranieri , the patron saint of Pisa , in the chapel of San Bruno find a painting of the saint, by Jacopo Vignali , the chapel of the Virgin of the Rosary was hand painted by Giuseppe Maria Land at the end of the eighteenth century .

Among the most interesting of the monastery, the Lodge Grand Ducal , so called because reserved for the rulers of Tuscany, with fine stucco and frescoes of Somazzi with allegorical figures of Peter Giarrè . The refectory is the product of the transformation of the primitive environment fourteenth century : among the most ancient , the fresco of the Last Supper , Bernardino Poccetti ( 1597 ), while the rest of the wall decorations , made ​​in 1773 , is due to Pietro Giarrè . On the seventeenth-century cloister , with a central monumental octagonal fountain , open the monks' cells , each designed as a unit consists of several rooms.

Among the many areas of the monastery include the apartment of the prior, the rich Library, the Historical Archives and pharmacy. In the guesthouse was set the Picture Gallery of the convent , which houses many valuable paintings, including the collection of the family Borghini of Calci.

The west wing of the Certosa houses the Museum of Natural History and the territory of the University of Pisa.